Valentine’s day can be really rough, especially if you are single and looking for love, but it doesn’t have to be. For starters, if you’re a single mami, you should focus on celebrating the love part of the holiday, it doesn’t necessarily have to be romantic. Remember, all across Latin America, this holiday is celebrated more as a day of general friendship and appreciation for those close to you, including everyone from family to coworkers.
Expand your idea of the holiday to include all of the reasons you are so blessed to have your beautiful children in your life. To avoid feeling like you are missing out, get into a celebratory spirit with your kids!
- Cook something really special for dessert! This can be as easy as baking up a batch of heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies. The kids will love it.
- Invite over other single mamis and have a party!
- Get creative and have your kids draw or paint Valentine’s for every member of the family.
- Love yourself a little extra. Treat yourself to a mani-pedi, a massage, or that cute pair of shoes you've been eyeing for weeks.
- Enjoy your adorable children when they wake up and let you know it’s “Balentine’s Day” or “Día de los Enamowados” because seriously, could you even dream up a cuter date? Of course not!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Image via Epsos.de/Flickr