9 Sex moves for a firmer bod
By now you know sex can be one heck of a workout. A good sesh will make your heart race, and leave you sweaty and breathless. Ooooh, chica! And that's not even the half of it. Though sex has been praised as perhaps the most fun forms of cardio known to woman, it also doubles as a killer butt- arm- and ab-sculpting workout. Te lo juro.
Read more ¿Qué más?: 6 Sex positions that help you lose weight
So feel free to ditch the drill sergeant tonight in favor of getting…physical with your partner. After all, you know what they say: the couple that sweats together, stays together. So go on and incorporate as many of these 10 booty-building, arm-toning, core-enhancing moves to get the most bang for your next romp.
1. Missionary: It's not exactly the most adventurous position out there, but missionary has its benefits. For instance, it can be a great core and booty workout. If your partner is thrusting towards you, engage your core, glutes and hamstrings to thrust right back.
2. The arch. While resting your shoulders on the bed, use your legs to lift your butt up off the bed, and hold. Feel that? That's your glutes, hamstrings and lower back working.
3. Cowgirl. Much like riding a horse, the cowgirl position will engage your inner-thighs, core, and glutes.
4. Standing: Both you and your man are sure to work up a sweat with this one. Facing each other, allow your man to pick you up, either partially or completely. Use your core and engage your thighs to keep yourself from sliding down his bod. This is especially hard if he's sweaty, but it's totally worth it if you have the strength and stamina to pull it off. Don't be discouraged if you can't do it the first few times out. You'll get better with practice!
5. The bridge. Warning: this move is not for the weak. All of your muscles--including your back, glutes, hamstrings, quads, triceps, shoulders and neck--will be working in overdrive, as you use all four limbs to hold yourself off the bed as your partner thrusts. just to keep you from crashing back onto the bed.
6. The wheelbarrow: This topsy-turvy move is a bit adventurous, but it also works an oft-neglected muscle group: your shoulders. Stand on your hands as your partner supports your lower half. Your shoulders will work in conjunction with your abs to keep your stable as your partner thrusts from behind.
7. The lunge: This move involves the woman sitting on top of her partner, with one leg ahead of her and the other extended behind her. You're sure to get a full lower-body workout with this one, as it simultaneously works your quads, your hammies, your glutes, and even your abs.
8. Scissors: Usually recommended for pregnant women this position doesn't require a whole lot of movement. However, that doesn't mean you can't get a good workout out of it. Because your legs are intertwined, you all have to rely on your inner-thighs and core will be forced to do all the work. Not that that's a bad thing.
9. The Lotus. Much like the yoga move by the same name, this position activates your hip flexors and requires a lot of abdominal stability and strength. The muscles in your glutes and thighs are also engaged, as you need them to keep you latched onto your partner.
Image via Corbis