6 Surprising ways to spice up your marriage
If you've been married for a while you know that sometimes things can get difficult and your relationship may get rocky. It's hard keeping the romance alive with the overtime you put in at work or your attention devoted to the kids. It's easy to get swept up in your everyday life that you make your relationship less of a priority.
However a study recently found that sleeping naked might be the key to maintaining a happy marriage!
Read more ¿Qué Más? 5 Sex toys that your man will LOVE
Cotton USA did a poll which found that 57 percent of people they polled that slept in the nude claimed to have a happier marriage compared to others who wore articles of clothing to bed. It turns out that four out of 10 people are comfortable sleeping in the nude and this is good news for their marriages.
One theory Cotton USA has for why being buff helps marriages is that it encourages intimacy and allows couples to be open with one another. As much as this makes sense, there are many other ways you can keep the happiness in your marriage alive.
Check them out below!
1. Schedule dates: Just because you are married and have hectic lives doesn't mean you can't have a date night. Schedule one weekly to keep that spark going and take turns choosing what activity you do together.
2. Reminisce together: Remembering those first dates you had and sharing your memories with your partner is a great way to remind each other why you are together. Given you're in a healthy relationship to begin with, those stories can easily brighten up each other's days.
3. Pay attention: Listen to what your partner says. If your hubby says he needs a new pair of socks or he's been wanting to try a new restaurant, surprise him! He'll appreciate the gesture and will in turn do the same for you.
4. Bite your tongue: It's easy to argue about every little thing you do to irk each other. Therefore it's important to know when to pick your battles. Every time you want to yell at your hubby for leaving the lights on, try to remind yourself of his positive qualities too.
5. Keep things light: Even if you've been married for a decade, flirt with each other and be playful. The constant laughter and teasing will remind you why you fell in love in the first place.
Image via Thinkstock