10 Secrets to make your marriage last forever
What's a man with a failed marriage beneath his belt really know about love? Quite a lot actually! Motivational speaker Gerald Rogers recently got divorced and took to Facebook to share a little insight.
He decided to self reflect and help others who are in marriages in order to have them avoid his mistakes. His advice is so good that any couple can benefit from it. So what does this divorcee have to say? Read on to find out!
Read more ¿Qué más?: 5 sex tips, straight from our favorite Latinas
Rogers Facebook post has over 98,800 shares and 3,760 "likes" to date. He admits that he isn't a relationship expert but that he knows there are things he could have done differently to save his marriage.
His advice is important for couples to follow since it can mean the difference between a happy or miserable marriage. We picked out 10 of the best pieces of advice he has to offer to share with you. Check them out below!
1. Never stop courting. Never stop dating: Never take the woman you love for granted. He explains that when a man get married he's promised to protect his wife's heart and that he should never forget that she CHOSE him.
2. Fall in LOVE OVER and OVER and OVER again: As years go by you and your partner will change, but what is important is that you re-choose each other every day. He tells men that they should fight for their wife's love and if they don't take care of her heart, she may stray and find someone who will.
3. Be PRESENT: When a man is with his woman he should focus all his attention on her and be fully there.
4. Forgive IMMEDIATELY: Holding on to past mistakes will hold your relationship back. Forgiveness equals freedom and letting your history have control of you only holds you hostage.
5. NEVER stop growing together: Find common goals or dreams the two of you can achieve together. If you neglect nourishing your relationship it will fall into a rut.
6. Don't worry about money: Instead of battling over finances, find a way to work as a team based on each other's strengths.
7. Protect your OWN heart: A man's heart should be as protected as the woman's. Self love is important, but keep a space open for your wife that is only meant for her to fill.
8. Be transparent: You need to be willing to show your true self and not hold back. By showing your good and bad side is the only way you can ever learn to fully love another human being.
9. Learn each other's love language: By understanding what makes your partner feel loved and cherished is important since you should practice it daily.
10. Always CHOOSE love: The only guiding principle you need in your marriage is love. This is the only way happiness in your marriage cannot be threatened.
Image via Getty Images