5 Ways to get in the mood even when you're not!
I've been fooling around lately and my husband is totally into it. Of course, I've been fooling around with him, that's why he likes it. We got this awesome gift package from Durex with the instructions to get closer and go further. After being together for more than 10 years, how exactly did my husband and I manage to get closer and go further?
Being intimate with someone for an extended amount of time is actually liberating. It opens you up to the possibilities that can only come with trust. I find that my husband is always down to you-know-what no matter what ... but for me, I want to feel the romance, feel the chemistry, and focus on the sparks.
Read more ¿Qué más?: The key to a happy & healthy sex life is...
And just in case you are wondering, this is how we got the sparks flying.
- Go on a great date night. We are guilty of rarely going on date nights until now. In the last two weeks, we've been on two dates and they have been phenomenal. We enjoyed drinks, food, and each other without the distraction of kids.
- Get things started outside the bedroom. I always tell my husband that if he wants to get some, then he needs to give me some throughout the day. I crave flirting, words, and touch. Then I realized that leading by example is always best, so I gave some and found that by giving what I wanted, I not only got him in the mood for a little somethih' somethin' later, but I got myself in the mood for it too.
- Don't wait until it's too late. We got started on an evening of what you can call sexploration before it was too late. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a tired mami and if we wait until 11 p.m., I'm just not gonna be too responsive. Get to me earlier and sweet dreams are guaranteed.
- Do unto your partner what they want. Well, I was the lucky recipient of this gift. My husband--without being asked--did what he knows I like and it was wonderful. There weren't even any words exchanged which in a way made it hotter for me because we were still obviously communicating, just not verbally.
- Play not so nice with your toys. Nice is nice, but between a couple, naughty can be even nicer. We used the toys that were gifted to us by Durex and we played and it was naughty and it was very very nice.
My honey and I are in it for the long haul so we intend to always get closer and go further.
Images via Claudya Martinez
How do you keep the romance alive in your relationship?