5 HOT new things to try in bed tonight with your beau!
You've heard of the cheesiest things couples have done to get the spark back into their sex life and for the most part they just don't work. Instead, many times they end up feeling awkward, frustrated, or simply not turned on by taking pointers from these non-effective techniques.
But have no fear, there is a solution to revitalizing your sex life and it doesn't have to make you feel uncomfortable. I mean, there's always room for improvement in the bedroom, but you have to find what works for you…
It's easy to get stuck in a rut if you've been married for many years, plus add the kids, and you can kiss your sex life good-bye. But that doesn't have to be the case if you do your best to preserve what is left of it. And the last thing you want to do is succumb to mediocre sex. After all you're not in high school anymore and you should be able to have the sex life you've always wanted--even with kids and all.
Read more ¿Qué Más?: 5 ways to talk dirty like a natural
So, we've come up with some ways to bring back that special spark to the sex life in your marriage. Enjoy and let us know which work for you!
1. Buy lingerie: A woman in little to no clothing is aesthetically pleasing to men. They're visual creatures, so seeing you in a sexy babydoll--which you rarely wear—will definitely get his attention. He'll remember the reason why he fell in love with you in the first place and get the hint that you're in the mood.
2. Make out: Remember what it was like to get your first passionate kiss? It sends tingles up your spine just thinking about it because it's such an exhilarating experience. How often do we all forget that kissing is a big factor during foreplay that helps you get warmed up and ready for action? Instead of getting straight to the deed, take time to have a full blown makeout session. Not only will it get you both amped up, but in its own cute way it will make you nostalgic of your dating days.
3. Sexify your bedding: No, we're not telling you to install a sex swing or some other crazy contraption in your bedroom. However, what you sleep in can make or break your between-the-sheets mood. The better a fabric feels against your skin (think silks or satin), the more seductive you'll feel and the more you'll want to do it!
4. Touch each other: Sex is important but it all begins OUTSIDE of the bedroom. A hug, squeeze, massage, or touch can make a big difference about what goes on behind closed doors. Not only are these behaviors flirty and sexy, but they're reassuring and thoughtful. They can help show your partner that you still find them desirable and loving.
5. Do a sex check-in: In order to preserve your relationship, it's good to do an evaluation on how well you two have been treating it. A relationship has to be nurtured by both sides, so if one is slacking, it's important that it is communicated to fix the problem promptly. The same applies to sex. It's easy to put sex to the side if you're constantly burn out, but it should still be treated as a priority. Making sure that your partners sexual needs (and yours of course!) are being met are key to keeping that spark alive. You never know what good and exciting things can come from it!
Image via Thinkstock