The 5 biggest sex lies women tell their men
How many times have you faked an orgasm? How many times have you told your boyfriend that no one else has made you feel like he does? How many times have you pretended you've only had oral sex with him? Don't worry, you're not alone. There's so much taboo around sex that women feel obligated to tell these white lies.
Sometimes I get the impression that when a woman lies about sex matters, in reality she is what her partner wants to hear. There's also the machismo issue that leads Latinos to think their new wife will be a virgin when they get married, that her sex life begins with her husband. It leads women to cloud some details about her sexual experiences.
Read more on ¿Qué Más?: Secrets of a Latin lover: Have the hottest sex of your life in these unexpected places
If men felt more confident in themselves and their partner's love, both would be happier and enjoy a more fulfilling sex life.
That's why I have put together this list of the 5 most common things women lie about when it comes to sex. Don't feel bad that you've used some of these. As you can see, they've made it on a list because they are that popular.
1. "I have never faked an orgasm." This lie earns the popularity prize. We use this one so that we don't look stupid and avoid hurting our man's masculinity. However, no one is born knowing how to sexually please a woman. Discovering your body and your pleasure zones takes time, practice, and patience. I think if we were honest and instead of faking an orgasm, explore other ways our sexual partner can please us, everyone would be happier.
2. "You are the only one that has made me feel like this." A woman commonly tells this lie when she actually loves a man and wants to make him feel unique and special. This fib is closely tied to a man's jealously and insecurity—especially Latinos. We avoid hurting their self-esteem and tell them there is no one else like him.
Read more on ¿Qué más?:A beginner's guide to sex toys for couples
3. "I've never had sex with someone I just met." Let's be honest with each other: ideally, we'd hate to have sex with someone we hardly know, really. The reality, however, is that you can't control a passionate moment. It just takes over and we don't think logically. Just thinking about it makes me nervous, but let's not be silly because it happens more often than we'd like to admit. These things form part of our private lives and I don't think we need to discuss it with just any man.
4. "Size doesn't matter to me at all!" It's all relative, right? I won't confirm or deny whether size is important. However, it is clear that it is important to many women. If his penis is too small, we're not satisfied; if it's too big, sex can hurt. Penis size is a topic of conversation at the gym, coffeehouses, and even with the therapist, but when it's time to talk to our partner, we don't tell the truth.
5. "I don't use sex toys. Ever." We tend to be more conservative than men. And the topic of sex toys are another one of those taboos. Many of us enjoy them with our man or by ourselves. To each their own.
Image via Thinkstock
What are some lies you have told your man?