10 Ways food & sex are the same
Like probably every other hot-blooded woman, I spend a lot of time thinking about food… and sex. This morning, a story on what dating and eating have in common caught my eye. It explored the intimacy between the choices we make when eating and when dating--but food and sex have more in common than just that.
In fact, I think food and sex have a LOT in common. It's not just that both (when done right) make us feel good. If you don't believe me, here are the top 10 things that food and sex have in common.
Read more ¿Qué más? Hot Latino Olympians face off: Ryan Lochte & Danell Leyva! (PHOTOS)
1. Both require knowing your limits. If you've read 50 Shades of Grey, then you may know a thing or two about limits… In general, though, sex is always better when everyone involved knows exactly what they are comfortable with. With food, this is all about NOT overeating--and not being afraid to try new things...to a certain point. Actually, that works for both!
2. Both are fun in the kitchen and in bed. Seriously. Does this even need an explanation? I love to eat in the kitchen just as much as I love to eat in bed, relaxing after a long day. And if you haven't tried sex on the kitchen counter, well… you're missing out. Just saying.
3. Both are sometimes more fun on your own. Hey, we all masturbate, right? Let's not even debate that one. And can you tell me ANYTHING that's better than sitting down with a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's and guiltlessly digging in? Nope, I didn't think so.
4. Both should end with an orgasm. The only thing better than a foodgasm (the intense pleasure that you get after biting into one of the best things that you have ever eaten) is an actual orgasm. The only issue, though, is that then you get sleepy after both! I mean, who hasn't experienced a food coma after a huge Thanksgiving meal?
5. Both involve tools that are fun… and sometimes scary. The first time I saw an immersion blender, I didn't know what to do with myself. Don't even get me started on the terrifying array sex toys on the market.
Want to find other moms como tú? "Like" MamásLatinas on Facebook!
6. Both have instructional manuals but are more fun hands-on. When I was younger (and before I was actually, um, having sex), I would obsessively read Cosmopolitan for all of their naughty tips. Now I devour cook books to learn new recipes. When it comes right down to it, though, both are more fun in actual practice.
7. Both start with a SERIOUS craving. Um… ever have a serious hankering for something? I know I have. There are some days when I just can't get enough of certain type of food (mostly chocolate), and other times when all I can think about is a good old fashioned roll in the hay. Same, same.
8. Both should start with a few small bites. I'm not necessarily saying that you need to BITE your partner to enjoy sex but I do think the best sex times start with some intense kissing. The same can be said for food, since the first few bites of a meal are often the most magical.
9. Both can be hard & fast or slow & sensual. This needs no explanation, does it? I mean, for sex, you either like it one way or another—or both! As for food, sometimes I'm craving a sandwich from Subway and other times I want a 5-course meal. That's just life.
10. Both are passionate necessities of life! Well, life LITERALLY wouldn't exist without sex. I mean, babies and procreation and all that. Then again, life is not sustainable without food, either. So let's just all be happy and go have a meal—and maybe end it with sex for dessert.
What else do you think food and sex has in common? Share with us in the comments below!
Image via Thinkstock