5 reasons we'll miss Eva Longoria and Eduardo Cruz as a couple!
This has been a hard week for couples and now, there's even more sad news! After a year of sibling double dates and extravagant yacht trips, Eva Longoria and Eduardo Cruz have officially split up.
The 36-year-old Desperate Housewives star and Cruz confirmed their breakup yesterday. The two began dating last February, about a month after Longoria divorced Tony Parker. Since then, the couple has been seen vacationing together and hanging out with Cruz's older sister, actress Penelope Cruz.
Read more ¿Qué más?: Eva Longoria is trying to help you make more money
I don't even know why, but this is one of the few instances in which I actually feel sad about a Hollywood breakup. I'm going to miss seeing them together, especially since the romance had clearly led to a really close friendship between Longoria, Penelope Cruz, and Cruz's husband, Javier Bardem. I hope the split doesn't have too much of a negative impact on their relationship and that they can remain friends cause those were some pretty primo photo ops!
While we wait to see how it will all play out, here are the 5 best Eva and Eduardo moments that illustrate why we thought they made such a great pair!
- This past November, the couple took their relationship coastal, boarding a yacht to travel from Miami Beach to California for a Major League Soccer Cup final with the Los Angeles Galaxy team. The two cheered on Longoria's pal, David Beckham, in his final game with the team.
- In March, Longoria rang in her 36th birthday surrounded by lots of celebrity pals and of course, her new beau. The star threw a 1920's bash with around 40 people, most of which were dress in flapper and other era-themed costumes. Longoria also had two other celebrations, one in Disneyland and the other in Vegas.
- In April, the two danced alongside Penelope and Bardem while attending a Prince concert during his Welcome 2 America tour. They watched from the front row as both Penelope and her hubby got on stage to rock out with Prince himself!
- That same month, the duo travelled South to spend some time with friends in Mexico. The pair were spotted strolling on the beach and having lunch with the governor of the Sinaloa state, Mario Lopez Valdez, before heading to Cabo for a few more days of sun and surf.
- In a December 2011 issue of Spanish Vanity Fair, the actress confessed how thankful she was for being able to find love after her divorce. ""The only thing I will say is I was very lucky to find Edu," she said.
Aww...well, we wish both of them the best and hope they find true love soon!
What do you think of the couple's breakup?
Image via Splash News