Teen almost dies after using a tampon​​

Jodie Craig had no idea she was putting her life in danger when she inserted a tampon. The 16-year-old girl started feeling very sick with a high fever, vomiting and suddenly felt like she was having a heart attack. Her mother noticed how quickly her daughter's health deteriorated and called an ambulance. It turned out that Jodie was having toxic shock syndrome due to bacteria from the tampon and was near death.

Continue Reading >

4-year-old killed by E. coli infection she caught at a picnic​


I'm borderline neurotic when it comes to the way I prepare my food. I rinse everything, from meat to produce, at least three times over. I season with one hand and handle the food with the other, and I pretty much drop a disinfective bomb on my kitchen to erase all traces of bacteria from my kitchen surfaces. My boyfriend pretty much thinks I'm insane; I think I'm saving us from a potentially life-threatening infection--the same infection that cost 4-year-old Serena Profitt her life.

Continue Reading >

Mom jailed for helping her teen daughter get an abortion


A Pennsylvania woman was charged with a felony and sentenced to up to 18 months in prison for giving her 16-year-old daughter some abortion pills that she purchased online.

Single mother Jennifer Ann Whalen thought she was doing what was best for her teen daughter when she helped her obtain abortion pills online. According to Whalen, her daughter wanted to terminate her pregnancy, but there were no local clinics available to perform an abortion and her daughter did not have health insurance to cover a hospital abortion. So she did the only thing she could think of: Whalen ordered a miscarriage-inducing drug cocktail, consisting of Misoprostol and Mifepristone, for $45 online from an overseas online drugstore.

Continue Reading >

Brazilian man wakes up in body bag seconds before his own funeral!


Saint Blessed Irma Dulce raised a man from the dead or so he claims. Valdelucio Goncalves, 54, was declared dead in a hospital in Salvador, Brazil after he stopped breathing due to organ failure. Family members rushed him earlier in the day because he was having difficulties breathing and were shocked when they learned he had passed away. That shock was nothing compared with the news that Goncalves was pretty much alive inside the body bag.

Continue Reading >

Woman dies after doctors "forget" to tell her she had breast cancer


Talk about medical malpractice! A woman in New Zealand died because her doctor forgot to inform her that she had breast cancer. Even though the woman had the life-threatening disease before and was considered a survivor, her general practitioner neglected to read his patient's medical history. Furthermore, he forgot to read the complete report from the radiologist and treated the woman for a shoulder fracture. She wasted precious time dealing with the erroneous diagnosis and when started chemotherapy it was too late.

Continue Reading >

Daycare takes toddler with bruising & brain injuries to ER, no one knows what happened


The last time Vinnia Davila saw her daughter A'Niah alive and well, she was dropping the toddler and her older brother off at their babysitter's home. Little did she know that the next time she saw her, she would be fighting for her life.

One-year-old A'Niah Davila-Torres was taken to a local hospital by her daycare provider Tuesday, presenting facial trauma so severe, it caused irreparable brain damage. Though it remains unclear how exactly A'Niah sustained her injuries, doctors have confirmed that they were most likely caused by physical abuse. Sadly, the toddler's injuries were too severe. She passed away Friday evening, after being taken off life support. The case is now being treated as a "death investigation," according to Wilmington, Delaware police.

Continue Reading >

Doctors remove 232 teeth from teen's mouth & you have to SEE it

Going to the dentist isn't exactly anyone's idea of a good time, which is why I completely sympathize with 17-year-old Ashik Gavai. The Indian teen went into his doctor's office after noticing an abnormal growth in the bottom of his mouth that developed within the past few years. He underwent surgery where the dentist, Dr. Sunanda Dhivare-Palwankar, discovered that he had a single tooth that contained 232 other smaller molars, and had grown to the size of a small marble. 

How bizarre is that?!

Continue Reading >

Mom, newborn beat cancer & heart problems, show MIRACLES do exist

Sometimes you wonder how people can endure so much hardship. A Texas woman undergoing cancer treatment while pregnant then learned that the baby she was carrying had a heart defect and would need a transplant.

Riki Graves was eight weeks pregnant with her second child when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, according to a blog she wrote for Texas Children's Hospital. The 38-year-old woman stayed positive and received treatment. But then at 20 weeks into her pregnancy, she learned that her baby had a congenital heart defect. Her baby would need several heart operations and even so, Graves was told, might not survive the pregnancy. 

Continue Reading >

You will NOT believe what an iPad did to an 11-year-old kid!

Most people have heard of allergies to peanuts and pollen, but here's an allergy that may shock you: an 11-year-old boy had an allergic reaction to a first generation iPad.

The old iPad (released way back in 2010) contained Nickel, which is a common allergy and can also be found in cellphones and computers. The boy had a severe rash for several months and after dermatologists figured out what it was, the rash improved, according to a study released this week by the American Academy of Pediatrics. A cover was placed on the iPad to reduce contact with the metal. 

Continue Reading >

Woman passes out after drinking binge & her doctor does the UNTHINKABLE


A 23-year-old woman is suing a doctor at Chicago's Northwestern Memorial Hospital after he posted pictures of her without her consent online. Elena Chernyakova had been admitted to the hospital following an alcohol binge and called Dr. Vinaya Puppala because she trusted him and knew him as a family friend.

She was unconscious for eight hours and although she expected him to be professional, she later learned he handled her situation very lightly by taking pictures of her. The worst part is he posted them on Facebook and Instagram. Wow, what an A-hole! 

Continue Reading >