Boy dies from horrific burns caused by nasty prank

A 7-year-old boy from Aberdeen, U.K. died on Friday after suffering severe burns. Preston Flores was playing with two friends, a boy and a girl, on a street near his home before the tragic incident took place. No one knows exactly what happened, but shortly after, the boy was running down the blocks with flames shooting from his clothes. Many suspect this might have been a nasty prank. My goodness!


 Read more ¿Qué más?: Latina teen killed when drunk driver crashes into her bedroom 

How this poor kid went on fire is still a mystery, but many believe he may have been the victim of a nasty prank gone wrong. A local resident named Paulina Pilska claims she was watching the three children playing from her window. She says she saw them jump on top of a pick-up van before seeing Preston running with flames covering his body from the neck down. "They were searching for something. I saw one of them with a container, like a watering can," she told the U.K.'s DailyMail. Could that container have been filled with petrol?

What's even more devastating is that no one was able to save this poor kid's life. He ran down the block shouting and his friends tried to get him to drop to the floor but he was too frightened to listen. "By the time we got there, his clothes were sticking to his skin. It looked like they had melted into his skin. It was horrible," resident Shona Henderson said. "There were lots of people around him. Someone handed him a bucket of water and he poured it all over himself. He was screaming."

Residents banged on the door of Preston's home to alert his mother, Luisza. When she saw her son, she instantly collapsed to the ground. The mom of five was given oxygen by paramedics and taken away in an ambulance with her son. The boy was rushed to Royal Aberdeen Children's Hospital for an emergency surgery but didn't make it. "He meant the world to his family and will always be deeply missed and loved. Preston was a special boy and his loss has ripped our family apart," his mother said in a statement.

I can't even imagine how devastated this family must be. This boy died a brutal and sudden death and no one even knows how he went on fire in the first place. My prayers go out to all of them and hopefully police can find some answers to this tragic mystery.

Image via Thinkstock

Topics: accident  fire  death